1. The components of the self aligning ball bearings include two rows of balls, the cage, the inner ring, and the outer ring with a common concave sphered raceway.
2. This type bearings are self-aligning and insensitive to angular misalignments of the shaft relative to the housing.
3. The bearings are produced in several design: open bearings with the basic design, sealed bearings, open bearings with an extended inner ring.
4. The self alignning ball bearings have the lowest friction of all rolling bearings.
5. The bearings are available with a cylindrical bore or, in certain size ranges, with a tapered bore